Home Lawn Maintenance & Turf Care
Lets face it sometimes we need a little help knowing the facts about weed management for our home lawn. Here are some turfgrass variations if you need information about recommended mowing height, fertilization rate, shade tolerance, or other common problems.
Common Home Lawn Turfgrass Factsheets
Lawn Maintenance calendars
- Bermudagrass Lawn Maintenance Calendar (North & Central Alabama)
- Bermudagrass Lawn Maintenance Calendar (South Alabama)
- Zoysiagrass Lawn Maintenance Calendar (North & Central Alabama)
- Zoysiagrass Lawn Maintenance Calendar (South Alabama)
- St. Augustinegrass (South Alabama)
- Centipedegrass (South & Central Alabama)
- Tall Fescue (North Alabama)
- Selecting the Correct Turfgrass – The first step in having a great lawn is selecting a right turfgrass.
- Designing Your Landscape and Properly Integrating Turfgrass – While we love turf- it does not need to go everywhere. Shade and dry areas can limit success of turfgrass. Your landscape should designed in a way that maximizes the growth of all plants.
- Alabama Lawn, Landscape, and Gardening Calendar – Managing a home lawn requires proper fertility, weed-disease-insect control, and cultural management. When to do those things is an important aspect of management.