- 2014 Ph.D., University of Florida (Major: Soil and Water Science; Minor Agronomy)
- 2010 M.S., West Virginia University (Agronomy)
- 2007 B.S., G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, India (Agricultural Sciences)
- 2017-present Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist-Animal Systems Environmental Specialist, Auburn University
- 2016-2017 Postdoctoral Research Scholar, (USDA/Pennsylvania State University)
- 2015-2016 Crop Nutrition & Systems Modelling Scientist, FarmLogs (Ann Arbor, MI)
- 2014-2015 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Agronomy Department, Department of Agricultural and Biological
Engineering, University of Florida
- 2010-2014 Graduate Research Assistant, Soil and Water Sciences Department, University of Florida
- 2007-2010 Graduate Research Assistant, Division of Plant and Soil Sciences, West Virginia University
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2017 U.S. Patent 9,652,840, System and method for remote nitrogen monitoring and prescription.
- 2013 Best Oral Presentation Award, 14th Annual Soil and Water Science Research Forum, University of Florida
- 2012 William Robertson Fellowship, Department of Soil and Water Sciences, University of Florida
- 2012 Best Poster Award, 13th Annual Soil and Water Science Research Forum, University of Florida
- 2011 Best Poster Award, S04/S08 Division, ASA-CSSA-SSSA Annual Meeting, San Antonio
- 2009 Best Poster Award, S04/S08 Division, ASA-CSSA-SSSA Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh
- 2003 National Talent Scholarship, Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- American Society of Agronomy (ASA)
- Crop Science Society of America (CSA)
- Soil Science Society of America (SSSA)
SELECT Journal Articles:
- Prasad, R., and G. Hochmuth. 2016. Environmental nitrogen losses from commercial crop production system in the Suwannee River basin of Florida. PLOS ONE.
- Jin Z-N, R. Prasad, J. Shriver, Q. Zhuang. 2016. Crop model and satellite imagery based recommendation tool for variable rate N fertilizer application for the US corn system. Precis. Agric.
- Raymundo R., S. Asseng, R. Prasad, et al. 2016. Performance of SUSTOR-potato model across contrasting growing conditions. Field Crop Research
- Prasad, R., G. Hochmuth and K.J. Boote. 2015. Estimation of nitrogen pools in irrigated potato production on sandy soil using model SUBSTOR. PLOS ONE.
- Chintala, R., G. Djira, M. Devkota, R. Prasad, and S. Kumar. 2014. Modeling the effect of temperature and precipitation on crop residue potential for the North Central Region of the United States. Agricultural Research.
SELECT Extension Articles:
- Prasad, R., and G. Hochmuth. 2015. Understanding nitrogen release from anaerobically digested beef cattle manure.SL 424.
- Prasad. R., and G. Hochmuth. 2015. Understanding nitrogen transformations and cycling for sweet corn production in sandy soils. SL430.
- Prasad, R., G. Hochmuth and A.C. Wilkie. 2014. Anaerobic digesters for manure management for livestock operations. SL402.
- Prasad, R., and G. Hochmuth. 2013. How to calculate a partial nitrogen mass budget for potato. SL401.