Crop, Soil and Environmental Sciences faculty
Turfgrass & Nutrient Management
||Ph.D., Oklahoma State University (Soil Science)
||M.S., The Ohio State University (Soil Science)
||B.S., The Ohio State University (Agriculture)
My research program centers on Environmental Turfgrass Management. Specifically, I work in the area of fertilizer management and the environmental consequences of applied fertilizer. Other research areas include turfgrass cultivar evaluation, fertilizer response trials, and sports turf management evaluations. Current work in progress includes: 1) nitrogen rates for grow-in and maintenance of TifSport and Tifway bermudagrass turf for athletic fields, 2) nitrogen leaching in putting greens as affected by N source, 3) Tifway bermuda grass response to aerification tine size, 4) use of composted poultry litter for putting green construction, 5) phosphorus rate and placement effects in bermudagrass putting greens, and, 6) bentgrass response to a microbial dethatcher and other cultivation procedures.
||Professor, Auburn University
||Alumni Professor, Auburn University
||Alumni Associate Professor, Auburn University
||Associate Professor, Auburn University
||Assistant Professor, Auburn University
Honors and Awards:
- Outstanding Instructor in the Department of Agronomy and Soils, Auburn University, 1995
- Outstanding Alumni Award (Young Careerist) – Department Horticulture and Crop Science, The Ohio State University, 1996
- Novartis Award in Agronomy, American Society of Agronomy, 1997
- Outstanding Reviewer for the Journal of Environmental Quality , 1997
- Young Professional Achievement Award, College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Alumni Society, The Ohio State University, 1998
- Auburn Alumni Association Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award, 1998
- Faculty Honoree (one of 8 from the University), Auburn University Camp War Eagle, 1999
- Omicron Delta Kappa ‘Favorite Faculty’, 1999
- Outstanding Undergraduate Advisor in the College of Agriculture, 2001
- Agronomy Club Outstanding Teacher, 2001
Professional Societies Membership:
- Auburn University SACS Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, 2002
- College of Agriculture York Lecture Committee, 1995-1998, Chair, 1996-1997
- Associate Editor, Soils, Agronomy Journal, 1995-1999
- Associate Editor, Division S-8, Soil Science Society of America Journal, 1996 -2003
- Associate Editor, Crop Science, 2003-present
- Member, National Meetings Site Selection Committee, American Society of Agronomy, 1997-1999.
- American Society of Agronomy Undergraduate Educator Awards Committee, 2002-2004.
- Co-advisor, University and Education, 1995-2000, Alabama Turfgrass Association.
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) Exam and Procedures Committee, 2000-2003.
- Auburn University Ad-hoc Traffic and Parking Committee, 2003.