Water Sciences and Engineering – Irrigation and Drainage, 2013-2017
Sari Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University, Sari, Iran
Dissertation: Evaluation of reference evapotranspiration and optimization of cropping pattern due to climate change in Iran
Agricultural Engineering – Irrigation and Drainage, 2006-2008
University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Thesis: A comparative evaluation of ARIMA and artificial neural network models in inflow forecasting of Dez dam reservoir
Agricultural Engineering – Irrigation, 2002-2006
Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
Project: Quantitative analysis of land topography using Lagrange’s equations and computer programming
- Visiting Research Scholar at Department of Crop, Soil, and Environmental Sciences, Auburn University, 2018-2019
- Lecturer at North Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, 2016-2018
- Lecturer at Pakdasht Branch, Payame Noor University, 2016-2017
- Lecturer at Varamin Branch, Payame Noor University, 2013-2016
- Advisor for M.Sc. thesis, Sari Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University, 2013-2015
- Researcher at Energy & Environment Research Group, Sharif Energy Research Institute (SERI), 2011-2012
- Designer, advisor, and expert at Department of Irrigation, Sazeh Ab Shafagh Consulting Engineers Company, 2008-2009
- Associate Editor of Canadian Journal of Soil Science, 2018.
- Associate Editor of Scientia Agricola, 2018.
- Associate Editor of Acta Geophysica, 2018.
- Associate Editor of Simulation, 2018.
My research includes remote sensing, climate change and variability, soil moisture, evapotranspiration, agricultural water management, irrigation and drainage, hydrometeorology, hydroclimatology, mathematical and computer modeling and optimization, and hydrological forecasting.
Recent courses taught
- General physics, differential equations, calculus I, and calculus II at North Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, 2016-2018
- Computer programming, engineering economics, soil mechanics, soil mechanics lab, differential equations, and calculus II at Pakdasht Branch, Payame Noor University, 2016-2017
- Applied hydrology, hydraulics, hydrogeology, watershed management, water and wastewater engineering, soil and water conservation, weather and climatology, weather and climatology lab, general irrigation, general irrigation lab, differential equations, calculus I, and calculus II at Varamin Branch, Payame Noor University, 2013-2016
- Valipour, M., Tian. D., 2018. Comparing soil moisture dynamics in climate reanalyses, land surface models, and remote sensing retrievals over the continental United States. AGU Fall Meeting, December 10-14, Washington D.C., USA.
- Valipour, M., Tian. D., 2018. Comparative assessment of multiple soil moisture estimates over the contiguous United States. Alabama Water Resources Conference, September 6-7, Gulf Shore, AL, USA.
- Banihabib, M.E., Ahmadian, A., Valipour, M., 2018. Hybrid MARMA-NARX Model for Flow Forecasting Based on the Large-Scale Climate Signals, Sea-Surface Temperatures, and Rainfall. Hydrology Research. 49, 1788-1803. http://dx.doi.org/10.2166/nh.2018.145
- Voudouris, K., Valipour, M., Kaiafa, A., Zheng, X.Y., Kumar, R., Zanier, K., Kolokytha, E., Angelakis, A., 2018. Evolution of Water Wells Focusing on Balkan and Asian Civilizations. Water Science and Technology: Water Supply. http://dx.doi.org/10.2166/ws.2018.114
- Valipour, M., Raeini-Sarjaz, M., Gholami Sefidkouhi, M.A., 2018. Optimisation of cropping pattern considering stomatal response to elevated CO2 emission and climate change. International Journal of Global Warming. 15 (2), 227-255. http://dx.doi.org/10.1504/IJGW.2018.10014131
- Viero, D.P., Valipour, M., 2017. Modeling anisotropy in free-surface overland and shallow inundation flows. Advances in Water Resources. 104, 1-14. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.advwatres.2017.03.007
- Valipour, M., Gholami Sefidkouhi, M.A., Raeini-Sarjaz, M., 2017. Selecting the best model to estimate potential evapotranspiration with respect to climate change and magnitudes of extreme events. Agricultural Water Management. 180 (Part A), 50-60. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.agwat.2016.08.025
- Valipour, M., Singh, V.P., 2016. Global Experiences on Wastewater Irrigation: Challenges and Prospects. Balanced Urban Development: Options and Strategies for Liveable Cities. 289-327. AG: Springer. Switzerland. http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-28112-4_18
- Valipour, M., 2015. Investigation of Valiantzas’ evapotranspiration equation in Iran. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. 121 (1-2), 267-278. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00704-014-1240-x
- Yannopoulos, S.I., Lyberatos, G., Theodossiou, N., Li, W., Valipour, M., Tamburrino, A., Angelakis, A.N., 2015. Evolution of Water Lifting Devices (Pumps) over the Centuries Worldwide. Water. 7 (9), 5031-5060. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/w7095031
- Valipour, M., 2014. Use of average data of 181 synoptic stations for estimation of reference crop evapotranspiration by temperature-based methods. Water Resources Management. 28 (12), 4237-4255. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11269-014-0741-9
- Valipour, M., Banihabib, M.E., Behbahani, S.M.R., 2013. Comparison of the ARMA, ARIMA, and the autoregressive artificial neural network models in forecasting the monthly inflow of Dez dam reservoir. Journal of Hydrology. 476, 433-441. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2012.11.017