Dennis Shannon Publications
- Kabaluapa, N.K., K.H. Yoo, D.A. Shannon, P.S. Kim and C.W. Wood. 2008. Alley cropping effects on surface runoff, soil erosion and loss of plant nutrients. J. Environmental Hydrology 16: Paper 10, pages 1-15 www.hydroweb.com
- Kang, H., D.A. Shannon, S.A. Prior and F.J. Arriaga. 2008. Hedgerow pruning effects on light interception, water relations and yield in alley-cropped maize. J. Sustainable Agriculture 31 (4) 115-137.
- Isaac, L., D.A. Shannon, C.W. Wood and C.R. Bernard. 2006. Promising tree species as hedgerows for alley cropping in different environments in Haiti. United States Agency for International Development, Soil Management Collaborative Research Support Program, Auburn University Technical Bulletin 2006-1. 29 pp.
- Bossa, J.R., D.A. Shannon, J.F. Adams, G.L. Mullins and E. van Santen. 2005. Phosphorus, potassium and leucaena pruning interactions on corn in Haiti. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 73: 37-47.
- Bossa, J.R., J.F. Adams, D.A. Shannon and G.L. Mullins. 2005. Phosphorus and potassium release from leucaena leaves in three environments in Haiti. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 73: 25-35.
- Isaac, L., C.W. Wood, and D.A. Shannon. 2004. Hedgerow pruning management effects on maize yield and nitrogen uptake in alley cropping. Agronomy Journal 96: 1632-1640.
- Isaac, L., C.W. Wood and D.A. Shannon. 2003. Pruning management effects on soil carbon and nitrogen in contour-hedgerow cropping with Leucaena leucocephala (Lam.) De Wit on sloping land in Haiti. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 65:253-263.
- Isaac, L., C.W. Wood and D.A. Shannon. 2003. Hedgerow species and environmental conditions effects on soil total C and N and C and N mineralization patterns of soils amended with their prunings. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 65: 73-87.
- Shannon, D.A., L. Isaac, C.R. Bernard and C.W. Wood. 2003. Long-term effects of soil conservation barriers on crop yield on a tropical steepland in Haiti. United States Agency for International Development, Soil Management Collaborative Research Support Program and Auburn University Technical Bulletin No. 2003-01. 40 pp.
- Isaac, L., C.W. Wood and D.A. Shannon. 2000. Decomposition and nitrogen release of prunings from hedgerow species assessed for alley cropping in Haiti. Agronomy J. 92: 501-511.
- Shannon, D.A., L. Isaac and F.E. Brockman. 1997. Assessment of hedgerow species for seed size, stand establishment and seedling height. Agroforestry Systems 35: 95 – 110.
- Shannon, D.A., W.O. Vogel and K.N. Kabaluapa. 1994. The effects of alley cropping and fertilizer application on continuously-cropped maize. Tropical Agriculture 71: 163-169.
Last Updated: September 23, 2013