||Ph.D., Purdue University (Agronomy)
||M.S., University of Georgia (Agronomy)
||B.S.A., University of Georgia (Agronomy)
||Professor, Auburn University
||Associate Professor, Auburn University
||Assistant Professor, Auburn University
||Graduate Research Assistant, Purdue University
||Graduate Teaching Assistant, Purdue University
HONORS & AWARDS
|Outstanding Faculty Member Award, College of Agriculture, Student Government Association, 2016
|Club Advisor of the Year, College of Agriculture, 2015
|Cotton Genetics Research Award, National Cotton Council, 2015
|Richard L. Guthrie Award for Achievement in International Agriculture, 2015
|Club Advisor of the Year, College of Agriculture, 2014
|Fellow, Crop Science Society of America, 2013
|Ralph “Shug” Jordan Professor of Writing, 2013
|Dean’s Award for Advising Excellence, 2010
|Fellow, American Society of Agronomy, 2009
|Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence, 2008
|American Society of Agronomy
|Crop Science Society of America
Breeding, genetics and production of cotton and soybean. Primary focus is on cultivar development and germplasm enhancement, particularly with regard to pest resistance and fiber quality traits of cotton.
|CSES 1000, Basic Crop Science
|CSES 1003, Basic Crop Science (distance)
|CSES 5100/6100, Plant Genetics and Crop Improvement
|CSES 5103/6106, Plant Genetics and Crop Improvement (distance)
- Weaver, D. B., and R. R. Sharpe. 2013. Registration of ‘Henderson’ soybean. J. Plant Registrations 7: 1-5.
- Weaver, D. B. R. B. Sikkens, K. S. Lawrence, C. Sürmelioğlu, E. van Santen, and R. L. Nichols. 2013. RENlon and its effects on agronomic and fiber quality traits in upland cotton. Crop Sci. 53:913-920.
- Weaver, D. B. 2015. Cotton nematodes. p. 547 – 570. In D. Fang (ed.) Cotton. American Society of Agronomy Monograph. Madison, WI.
- Campbell, B. T., D, B. Weaver, R. Sharpe, J. Wu, and D. C. Jones. 2013. Breeding potential of elite Pee Dee germplasm in upland cotton breeding programs. Crop Sci. 53:894-895.
- Tapley, M., B. V. Ortiz, E. van Santen, K. S. Balkcom, P. Mask, and D. B. Weaver. 2013. Location, seeding date, and variety interactions on winter wheat yield in southeastern United States. Agronomy J. 105:509-518.
- Hutmacher, R., M. Ulloa, S. D. Wright, B. T. Campbell, R. Percy, T. Wallace, G. Myers, F. Bourland, D. B. Weaver, P. Chee, P. Thaxton, J. Zhang, W. Smith, J. Dever, V. Kuraparthy, D. Bowman, D. Jones., and J. Burke. 2013. Elite-Upland cotton germplasm-pool assessment of Fusarium wilt (FOV) resistance in California. Agronomy J. 105:1635-1644
- Wu, Tingting, D. B. Weaver, R. D. Locy, S. McElroy, and E. van Santen. 2013. Identification of vegetative heat tolerant upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) germplasm utilizing chlorophyll fluorescence measurement during heat stress. Plant Breeding DOI: 10.1111/pbr.12139.
- Walker, D. R., D. K. Harris, Z. R. King, Z. Li, H. R. Boerma, J. B. Buckley, D. B. Weaver, E. J. Sikora, E. R. Shipe, J. D. Mueller, J. W. Buck, R. W. Schneider, J. J. Marois, D. L. Wright, and R. L. Nelson. 2014. Evaluation of soybean germplasm accessions for resistance to Phakopsora pachyrhizi populations in the southeastern United States, 2009-2012. Crop Sci. DOI: 10.2135/cropsci2013.08.0513.
- Li, Ruijuan, A. M. Rashotte, N. K. Singh, D. B. Weaver, K. S. Lawrence, and R. D. Locy. 2014. Integrated signaling networks in plant responses to sedentary endoparasitic nematodes: a perspective. Plant Cell Reports DOI: 10.1007/s00299-014-1676-6.
- Schrimsher, D. W., K. S. Lawrence, R. B. Sikkens, and D. B. Weaver. 2014. Nematicides enhance growth and yield of Rotylenchulus reniformis resistant cotton genotypes. J. Nematol. 46:365-375.
- Hu, Hongtao, A. M. Rashotte, N. K. Singh, D. B. Weaver, L. Goertzen, S. R. Singh, and R. D. Locy. 2015. The complexity of posttranscriptional small RNA regulatory networks revealed by in silico analysis of Gossypium arboreum L. leaf, flower and boll small regulatory RNAs. PLoS ONE 10(6): e0127468. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0127468
- Li, Ruijuan, A. M. Rashotte, N. K. Singh, K. S. Lawrence, D. B. Weaver, and R. D. Locy. 2015. Transcriptome analysis of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) genotypes that are susceptible, resistant, and hypersensitive to reniform nematode (Rotylenchulus reniformis). PLoS ONE 11/2015; 10(11):e0143261. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0143261
- Stallings, A. M, K. S. Balkcom, C. W. Wood, E. A. Guertal and D. B. Weaver. 2016. Nitrogen mineralization from ‘AU Golden’ sunn hemp residue. J. Plant Nutrition 39: DOI:10.1080/01904167.2016.1193613